Programming is a fun and passion which lies inside the programmer. But to build coding an eternal elation and joy, one must have ignited to learn and adhere to elemental programming knowledge which makes you a good programmer. Programming serves an opportunity to work with multi-national companies in the world like Google, Microsoft, Amazon, and Apple to name a few – but it also demand to look forward constantly. Coding is an emerging domain in the world of digitalization.
There is no definition of a good programmer. But the programmers are the element of both art and science. Here, I am referring a flow chart to improving the programming skills and also helps to become a better programmer- all around.
1. Work on basics and write simple, understandable but logical code: Conceptual knowledge is a key to success. Working on basic building blocks helps to build foundation of coding. A core concept helps to understand-design and implements the best solution in a best possible way. It is also essential to identify the gap of knowledge, return to books and teach yourself the aspects which are less familiar. A formula of KISS (Keep it short and simple) works well in programming. A more logical code with less complexity resulted in fewer bugs and more extendable.
“Simple code is soul of efficient programming.”
2. Insert question mark with each block of code: An individual never leave a code without knowing how and what is happening during execution. A good programmer have zeal to perceive the logic behind each line of code and always try the level best to pour into as much as they can later it become nature to do it unknowingly every time.“The code works” isn’t where you stop; it’s where you start.”
3. Create code thrice: Good programmers write programs that works, great programmers compose a program that works magnificently. So one should never try first draft as final product. If Pursue to nobility, try writing code three times. First, to proof-of-concept that the solution is possible. Second, make it perform. Third, make it perform well. The More, a programmer evaluate and reevaluate their own code, the more close-to-bug-free-code.
“A good programmer is someone who always looks both ways before crossing a one-way street.”
4. Read and Write lots of code: A good programmer read lots and lots of code. Analyze and view the problem from another programmer’s perspective to improve their skills and write code “own answer” to become program expertise. Writing and sharing analysis helps in introspecting the knowledge and skill. As ‘practice, practice, and practice’ is a survival of programming world in which hackathonor pair programming mentorship program enhance programming efficiency.
Good code is its own best documentation. As you’re about to add a comment, ask yourself, “How can I improve the code so that this comment isn’t needed?”
5. Focus on Techniques not tools: A firewall programmer never run behind latest technologies. Everyday a new tool, APIs, framework is arising to make program agile. This progress will run-of-the-mill in the technological world.A programmer needs to accept that the basic technology changes in a slower pace than the framework, tools, APIs technologies. Techniques are like an ocean where surface water changes with wind but deep water is calm, composed, condensed and concentrated. So donate time in learning techniques, core concepts and fundamentals than find easier to learn framework, tools and APIs on its own.
“Bad programmers worry about the code. Good programmers worry about data structures and their relationships.”
Ms. Swati Singh